Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can I recycle or donate half-used and unused beauty supplies and cleaning products?

If so, who would want them? I'm cleaning out my bathroom, and there's just so much - I'd hate to throw it all away.Can I recycle or donate half-used and unused beauty supplies and cleaning products?
There's a website where people donate their unwanted items to other people for free when they don't want the items ending up in the trash or landfill. I think this site will really help in your situation. The link is at the bottom of the message.Can I recycle or donate half-used and unused beauty supplies and cleaning products?
I don't know anyone who would accept or use half-used bottles of anything. I suggest you share them with your mom or relatives.
You'll have to toss the cosmetics but you may be able to donate the cleaning supplies to homeless or women's shelters, or to animal shelters. Depends what it is, call and ask.
In my city, you can donate paints, varnishes, pool chemical, grout cleaners, etc. Can shop their donations and help yourself to up to 10 items/ month I beleive. Abused family shelters perhaps, homeless shelters. City takes care of this. They mix neutral paints together and mix well or filter???Then sell 5 gallon buckets for $15.00(White, crean, tan)
Any cosmetics you've opened have to be thrown away. Because of the danger of infections and product tampering and so on, nobody will be able to take them. If you have anything unopened you may be able to donate them. There are organizations that gather things for women new to the workforce that might like things that are business appropriate, or food shelves might take them. (They also take things like soap and feminine hygiene products)


Its the same story with cleaning products - if they haven't been opened, food shelves will probably like them, but if they have been opened food shelves won't be able to take them. Some areas have drop off sites for things like cleaners and paint and so on that can either be used by somebody else, or need to be disposed of safely (best not to dump cleaners down the drain or send it to the landfill if you have a better option. I don't know what area you are in, but I've linked to a site we have in our area.
Another place to try would be somewhere you know the people ex... your church. Wonderful of you to want to donate as opposed to throwing out. It drives me nuts the way people just throw everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment