Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What song should I sing for my Beauty and the Beast audition?

Within the next two weeks, I'll be auditioning for my school's production of Beauty and the Beast. We have to do cold reads and also come prepared with a song to sing. I'm going for the roles of Mrs. Potts, Madame de la Grande Bouche, and Babette. Any suggestions for audition songs? Any other tips you could offer me would be greatly appreciated.What song should I sing for my Beauty and the Beast audition?
Ok, 1st and most important,


DO NOT SING A SONG FROM THE MUSICAL YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR!


It's pretentious. You should, however, sing a song in the same style or vocal range of the character you are auditioning for.


2nd don't just sing, perform the song.


3rd try ';being'; the character you want most throughout the audition. That is how I got cast as Peter Pan (which is always played by a girl - by the way). If you don't particularly care which role then show range by showing extremes of each character.





Break A Leg!What song should I sing for my Beauty and the Beast audition?
Memory is a great song to show range!!! Nice Choice!!! Report Abuse

Sing the Beauty and the Beast song that mrs Potts sings at the end! You know ';Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, beauty and the beast.... =-)
sing a beauty and the beast songg.
Maybe you could sing a song from Beauty and the Beast. That would show interest and dedication in the play.
I disagree with some of the other answers. I think you should sing a song from the show - it shows the director that you've taken the time to familiarize yourself with the material. I would sing ';Human Again';. All three of the characters you listed sing that song...and besides it's my favorite song in the show. When it's done right with all the harmonies, it gives me goosebumps!
You might check out this site, http://www.musicalnotesnmore.com/. They have synopsis of many musicals, including a section which details ';Special Songs of Interest'; or something like that. There you can see some highlight songs, whether its in your range (Babette and Mrs. Potts are down as sopranos, Madame da la Grande Bouche is down as a mezzo, so take that into account), and whether its more ballady or more upbeat.





Shows you should look into for audition songs: Cinderella, Oklahoma, Once Upon a Mattress, The Sound of Music, Singin' in the Rain, Pajama Game, Carousel, The King and I, My Fair Lady, The Fantasticks, Flower Drum Song, Annie Get Your Gun... that should get you started. Break a leg!
  • consumables
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment