Sunday, April 25, 2010

What are the best organic beauty products?

I am just wondering what the best organic, cruelty-free beauty products are. Shampoos, conditioners, lotions, face lotions, foundation.


Does anyone know of any? Thanks in advance!What are the best organic beauty products?
See http://www.organicconsumers.org





You see because the national organics program is regulated by the USDA and all beauty care products are regulated by the FDA there is no organic standard for beauty products as there is for food and fiber. This means anyone can put the word organic on any cosmetic or soap even though the ingredients will not have a single certified organic ingredient and there will be some dangerous things like parabens. I notice the Body Shop is very bad about this.





Go to the organic consumers website to learn more and how you can help to close this loophole and make organic cosmetics really organicWhat are the best organic beauty products?
nannysbest.com has a great multipurpose cleanser and a moisturizer/ conditioner made from cactus. My dad loves their intensive hand cream (paws and claws). I just bought the coconut face cream--it smells really good and is more gentle on my ance prone skin. They also have a great dog shampoo!
Alba, Kiss My Face, Burt's Bees, Abba (I think), Giovanni

2 comments: